USE CODE : TEA
GET 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER!
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL U.S. ORDERS! | Free 30-DAY Returns
USE CODE : TEA
GET 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER!
April 5th, 2020
Crafting your own tea mixtures not only enables you to explore the different flavors and benefits of various herbs and spices, but it is also a calming, centering practice that can help to relax both the mind and body. Here’s a closer look at how making your own tea mixtures can be good for your health.
The combination of herbs and spices used in tea blends has long been used as a medicinal remedy. By crafting your own herbal teas, you can create concoctions specifically tailored to address whatever ailment or issue you may be facing—whether it’s a sore throat, digestive issues, insomnia or even just feeling low on energy. For example, ginger is known to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help with digestion and nausea; chamomile is often used as a natural sleep aid; peppermint helps with indigestion and gas pains; and green tea is high in antioxidants which help fight free radicals that can cause damage to our cells over time.
Another benefit of crafting your own tea blends is that it allows you to take complete control over what goes into them—which means you don’t have to worry about any artificial ingredients or added sugars. You can also adjust the potency of certain ingredients based on your personal tastes and preferences. Additionally, there are no limits to the flavor combinations you can create when making your own tea mixtures! Get creative and experiment with different herbs and spices until you find the perfect mix for you.
Making your own tea mixtures is also an opportunity for mindfulness practice. Just like cooking or baking provides us with an outlet for creativity, so too does crafting custom herbal teas. Taking the time to smell each herb or spice before adding it into the blend helps us pay closer attention to our senses—a key component of mindful practice. It allows us to slow down and appreciate all that nature has to offer—not only in terms of its healing properties but also its beauty. Taking a few moments out of our day to reflect on this connection can truly be transformative!
1. Rosemary, Orange and Ginger Infused Tea: Rosemary is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce joint and muscle pain and discomfort. The citrus aroma of the orange complements the rosemary's earthy flavor and offers an abundance of antioxidants. The ginger helps to boost immunity and has anti-nausea properties. This tea is great for reducing inflammation, boosting immunity, relieving nausea, and getting an energy boost.
2. Chamomile Lavender Infused Tea: This soothing blend combines chamomile's calming effects with lavender’s ability to relax the mind and body, making it a perfect choice for winding down after a long day or if you suffer from insomnia or anxiety. Both herbs are also filled with antioxidants that help protect your cells from damage caused by environmental toxins.
3. Lemon Balm Mint Infused Tea: Lemon balm has been used since ancient times to soothe anxiety, reduce stress levels and improve digestion due to its antispasmodic properties while mint adds a refreshing zing to the tea as well as helps relieve nausea and stomach cramps. This tea can be taken right before bedtime or when feeling overwhelmed or stressed out throughout the day for optimal relaxation benefits.
4. Green Tea Jasmine Infused Tea: Green tea contains catechins which are known for their antioxidant properties that help fight free radicals in your body as well as provide protection against certain types of cancer thanks to their anti-inflammatory features. The jasmine flower adds subtle sweetness along with its sedative effects, making this combination perfect for unwinding at the end of a stressful day.
5. Fennel Aniseed Infused Tea: Fennel is packed with vitamins A & C which help nourish skin cells as well as promote healthy digestion due to its carminative properties which help expel trapped gas from the intestines thus relieving bloating or other digestive discomfort such as indigestion or acid reflux relief when consumed regularly over time. Aniseed adds sweet licorice notes while helping reduce bad breath thanks to its antibacterial elements which make this infusion great for after meal consumption!
Written by Lemonsoda
Enter your email and receive 15% off your first order.